Accelerating the global electricity transition from coal to clean
We put data into action
Support high impact policies
Shape the global narrative
Published November 2020. Click here for more details:
- EU-27 climate plans reveal that by 2030 renewables will deliver almost 60% of EU electricity demand.
- However, fossil fuels are still expected to generate 25% of EU electricity by 2030.
Published November 2020. Click here for more details
70% of methane leaks from Europe’s operational coal mines were from Poland.
- Two Polish companies – PGG and JSW – were responsible for 90% of these leaks
Published Feb 2021. Click here for more details:
- India’s coal-fired generation fell by 5% in 2020, declining further since its historical peak in 2018.
- There is now an opportunity to ensure it doesn’t bounce back as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.